Here are a few populations that I have experience with:
- Transgender and gender diverse folks
- Autistic adults (male, female, & gender diverse)
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Adolescents experiencing mental health challenges, exhibiting concerning behaviours, and/or experiencing attachment difficulties
- Parents who are struggling with understanding or managing their children’s disability or mental health
Adults & Adolescents
Are you feeling stressed out, overwhelmed, or anxious?
Are painful memories interfering with your life?
Are you questioning your gender or sexual identity?
I use elements of Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), and Psychodynamic therapies to support clients through a variety of concerns and to guide them towards living authentically. I believe in the importance of play and being attuned to our inner child, and for that reason I often incorporate elements of play therapy in my sessions with adolescents and adults.
Are you doubting yourself as a parent, and wondering if you are doing this whole parenting thing right?
Has your child come out as queer, trans, and/or gender non-conforming?
Has your child received a new diagnosis that you are struggling to understand and manage?
Whatever it is, you will be met with grace and compassion. I believe there is no such thing as perfect parenting. I draw upon the most recent and effective parenting research to support caregivers, and together we can create some strategies to support you as a parent.